Okay so if you haven't been following along with this series check out the first and second post and then read this post. Basically I've been writing blogs at the end of every month with a wrap up of the work I've done on my manuscript. If you want to know more about my WIP, check out my first post.
November was hectic. I had final assignments and an exam to do. My sister had only just returned from NZ after an accomodation problem so getting her back and readjusting to having her home didn't help my stress levels. Looking back I think I coped well considering how much stress I was under.
Once uni was all over I was thrown into the middle of NaNoWriMo which is not the best place to be, but I had words under my belt already and all the time in the world so I thought writing more would be easy. Turns out getting back into writing is not easy, especially considering I have a magazine to run and other side projects I'm working on.
However, I did get a little bit done. I reworked the beginning of my WIP by adding a few scenes and I added a prologue. It doesn't sound like much, but what I added helps establish the world and the characters. Plus I really want to contrast the beginning with the end in terms of where the characters are and how different things are.
Anyway, I wanted to share these aesthetics I did the other day (when I was sick) because they're amazing. These made me think more about my characters and helped establish some of the more underdeveloped ones.
A few bits of info (that aren't in the two previous posts in this series):
You can find more character aesthetics here. I'll be adding information (including some of what's in this post) to the page sometime this month.
Here's to another month of writing and getting things done.
Chapters - 12 (including the Prologue)
Word Count - 20 459
Most Useful Research Article - N/A
Anjulie Te Pohe
Founder of Koru Mag | Mookychick contributor | Avid reader and writer of YA | Takatapui (Maori & bi/queer) | She/Them | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org