1. Wear fake glasses. Nothing says "I'm a geek" like pretending that you need special lenses to see.
2. Act superior to everyone who has less knowledge than you.
3. Call everyone who has less knowledge than you a "fake geek". If they haven't seen/read the book/series/movie than they are obviously not a "real geek".
4. Only watch/listen/read things that are indie or alternative. Mainstream stuff will take 10 points from your health bar and lower you to a Level 2 Geek.
5. Always stay until the credits are over for any movie you see. Literally. Even if it's playing in a store that sells TV's. The people who work in the store will appreciate your dedication.
6. Correct everyone's grammar. People love when you correct them midsentence.
7. Remind everyone that the books they prefer aren't as good as what you prefer. Your favourite genre(s) are obviously better than what they read.
8. See numbers one through to seven. You are now incredibly lonely as you have pushed everyone you love out of you live. Congratulations! You're totally the truest nerd that ever lived.
Anjulie Te Pohe
Founder of Koru Mag | Mookychick contributor | Avid reader and writer of YA | Takatapui (Maori & bi/queer) | She/Them | Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org